2019 Season Schedule
- Saturdays and Sundays: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Monday to Friday:
- CMS in session: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- CMS not in session: 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Holidays: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Pool Fob Information
Pool fob and photo ID will be required for entrance to the pool
Replacement pool fobs (lost/broken/stolen) may be purchased for $50.00. The old fob will be deactivated.
Replacement pool fobs for malfunctioning fobs with no physical damage may be exchanged for no cost.
New homeowners or homeowners who have never been issued a pool fob can get their first fob free.
To request a new pool fob, please fill out the Pool Fob Request Form via the button below.
Pool Party & Special Event Reservations
- All event reservations must be made two weeks in advance. This includes any gathering of non-members of 5 or more.
- The pool may be reserved for private parties and events after the pool closes for the evening.
- Pool reservations are handled through the pool management company.
- Aquatech Lifeguards MUST BE present and paid for in advance in order to use the pool for a private event.
- The pool is NOT available for reservation on holidays and holiday weekends.
2019 Pool Rules & Regulations
THIS FACILITY AND ALL COMMON AREAS AND AMENITIES BELONGING TO CEDARFIELD PLANTATION HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION ARE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ITS MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING AND THEIR ACCOMPANIED GUESTS. ALL OTHERS ARE TRESPASSING.
FAILURE TO OBSERVE ANY OF THESE RULES CAN RESULT IN IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION FROM THE PRIVILEGE OF USE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE LIFEGUARD ON DUTY OR A BOARD OF DIRECTOR.
THIS INFORMATION IS NECESSARY FOR THE EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF THIS FACILITY AND THE SCHEDULING OF LIFE GUARDS.
General Pool Entry Rules
- All owners must bring a picture ID along with their pool fob when entering the pool. You may be asked to show both. If you do not have your picture ID you may be asked to leave. The lifeguard, a board member or pool committee member can ask to verify both at any time.
- All owners must enter through the main gate fob entry, NOT through the emergency exits. Lifeguards and residents are not allowed to open the emergency gates to let people in.
- ONLY association members in good standing, their tenants properly registered with Cedar Management Group and their guests are permitted to use the pool.
- Association members are responsible for their tenants and guests at all times, including, but not limited to, replacement of damaged property.
- ALL guests must be accompanied by their adult association member who lives in the community. Association members may be accompanied by up to 5 guests. Pool fobs should not be given to your guests to use.
- If you do not have your pool fob, you will be asked to leave the pool. Replacement cost for pool fob is $50 and original fob will be deactivated.
Please enjoy your visit, but safety is first and foremost.
- Absolutely NO GLASS is allowed within the pool and pavilion. This is a state law. If glass is broken in the pool, the pool must be drained, which is a significant and unplanned expense to the community. Anyone that brings glass into the pool area and breakage of glass occurs, that individual will be fined a cost to help cover expenses to drain and refill the pool.
- NO running, pushing, wrestling, or other horseplay is permitted that could be unsafe or that interferes with the enjoyment of the pool facilities by everyone.
- NO towels or foreign objects are allowed in the pool (i.e. towels, paper, drinks, etc.).
- NO diving.
- The pool area must be evacuated during thunder and electrical storms.
Health and Cleanliness
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the pool or pavilion areas. You will need to go outside the gated areas in order to smoke in the designated smoking area.
- No person is to enter the pool area wearing street clothes. Proper swim attire is required. Tennis shoes are prohibited in the pool.
- Children in diapers will NOT be allowed in the pool without rubber pants over the diaper or a swim diaper. Speedo type swimsuits, swim diapers or elastic pants are preferred as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Please use the bathrooms, not the pool deck for all diapering needs and disposal.
- Admission to the pool will be denied to any persons having any infectious disease.
- Persons with excessive sunburns, open sores, bandages, inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharge or any other ailments that could adversely affect water cleanliness and/or endanger the health of others are NOT allowed to use the pool.
- NO pets are permitted in the gated pool or pavilion area. This is a State Regulation.
- No nudity is allowed in the pool area.
Everyone should be able to have a good time without infringing on anyone else’s enjoyment
Abusive, aggressive or profane language will NOT be tolerated. The Huntersville Police Department will respond, and offenders will be expelled for the season at the sole discretion of the Board and the pool committee.
All are asked to respectfully use the provided pool furnishings as intended. When applicable, use discretion when merely storing your items in seating or dining space when they could otherwise be used by neighbors lounging or dining.
If you are not at the pool your personal belongings must not be left in the pool area. Towels cannot be left on chairs to reserve seats.
Excessive displays of affection or groping will not be tolerated, and offenders will be asked to leave the facility.
These assets belong to all members and should be respected. Premature replacement is a cost we all bear.
- Under NO circumstances is any person to play with the pool cleaning or safety equipment.
- Pool furniture may NOT be removed from the pool area at any time or placed in the pool.
- Noise: Please be respectful of noise levels so as not to disturb others if bringing in your own music/radio.
WADING POOL: Use is restricted to those children 5 and younger, and they must be accompanied by an adult. The supervision and safeguarding of users of the wading pool shall be the responsibility of the adult accompanying the children using the wading pool. (Per Pool Management Company contract).
- Children must have adult supervision and are the responsibility of the parents. Lifeguards are not babysitters.
- Young adults, or babysitters, must be at least 13 years of age in order to bring younger guests with them and a max of three children per young adult watching after them.
- By virtue of use, all parents and guardians agree to release and indemnify the Association from any claims, losses, or other liability arising from use of the pool by any person under 18 years of age for whom they are responsible.
- NO persons under the influence of intoxicants or alcohol, whose behavior is perceived to be a danger to themselves or others, shall be allowed in the pool area.
- Those perceived in such manner will be asked to leave and/or removed by the Huntersville Police Department.
The Pool Management Company and their assigned lifeguards are responsible for the enforcement of the rules approved by the Board of Directors and the Pool Committee. All persons who do not follow the above rules can be expelled from the pool.
Private Party Use
All party reservations must be made two weeks in advance. This includes any gathering of non-members of 5 or more.
- The pool may be reserved for private parties after the pool closes for the evening.
- Pool party reservations are handled through the pool management company.
- Lifeguards MUST BE present and paid for in advance by owner organizing the party.
- The Pool IS NOT available for reservation on: Holidays and Holiday Weekends.
The Board reserves the right to call any resident to a discipline hearing at any time and has the authority to suspend privileges or fine any person(s), or those responsible for persons (i.e. guests or minors), that break these rules or acts in an extreme or obscene manner which causes obtrusive infringement, or disregards safety to other persons on this facility as set forth in the “Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions For Cedarfield Plantation.”
If you see any violations of the pool regulations by residents or their guests, please let the lifeguard on duty know first then report the issue to Cedar Management Group via email at email@example.com with specifics: (name, circumstances, and date/time).